INDIA INNOVATION INDEX 2019
NITI Aayog with Institute for Competitiveness as the knowledge partner released the India Innovation Index (III) 2019
NITI Aayog launches India Innovation Index 2019. NITI Aayog with Institute for Competitiveness as the knowledge partner released the India Innovation Index (III) 2019. Karnataka is the most innovative major state in India
- The study examines the innovation ecosystem of Indian states and union territories.
- The aim is to create a holistic tool which can be used by policymakers across the country to identify the challenges to be addressed and strengths to build on when designing the economic growth policies for their regions.
- The states have been bifurcated into three categories: Major States, North-East & Hill states, and Union territories/City States/Small States.
- The Index is calculated as the average of the scores of its two dimensions – Enablers and Performance.
- The Enablers are the factors that underpin innovative capacities, grouped in five pillars: (1) Human Capital, (2) Investment, (3) Knowledge Workers, (4) Business Environment, and (5) Safety and Legal Environment.
- The Performance dimension captures benefits that a nation derives from the inputs, divided in two pillars: (6) Knowledge Output and (7) Knowledge Diffusion.
- There seems to be a west-south and north-east divide across the country. The top ten major states are majorly concentrated in southern and western India.
- Karnataka is the most innovative major state in India. Karnataka’s number one position in the overall ranking is partly attributed to its top rank in the Performance dimension.
- Among the major states, Maharashtra performs the best in the dimension of Enablers.
- Sikkim and Delhi take the top spots among the north- eastern & hill states, and union territories/city states/small states respectively.
- Delhi, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Uttar Pradesh are the most efficient states in translating inputs into output.
Also Read Tuberculosis Incidence Rate