The Union Cabinet has approved the merger of National Institute of Miners’ Health (NIMH) with ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health.
- National Institute of Miners’ Health (NIMH) is an autonomous Institute under Ministry of Mines (MoM).
- NIMH was set up by Government of India in 1990 and registered as a Society under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960.
- The registered office of NIMH is located at Kolar Gold Fields, Karnataka and the Central Laboratory in Nagpur.
- The Institute conducts applied research in occupational health and hygiene and specializes in providing technical support services to mining and mineral based industry.
Image Credits: http://bit.ly/2LH5pfM
- The Union Cabinet has approved to dissolve National Institute of Miners’ Health (NIMH) and merge with ICMR-National Institute of Occupational Health (NIOH), Ahmedabad, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH&FW) with all assets and liabilities.
- Impact: This will prove beneficial to both the Institutes in term of enhanced expertise in the field of occupational health besides the efficient management of public money.
Source: Economic Times