Union Minister for Labour informed Lok Sabha that 361 complaints of Child Labour have been resolved Through Pencil Portal.
Platform for Effective Enforcement for No Child Labour (PENCIL), This was Launched in 2017
- It is a separate online portal to ensure of the Child Labour Act and smooth implementation of the National Child Labour Project (NCLP) scheme.
Image Credits: https://bit.ly/30Qwf8y
- The PENCIL Portal (pencil.gov.in) has various components, namely Child Tracking System, Complaint corner, State Government, National Child Labour Project and Convergence.
- The portal connects Central Government to State government, districts, all project societies and the General public.
- Further online complaints regarding child labour can also be filed by anybody on the Pencil portal. The complaint gets assigned to the concerned Nodal Officer automatically by the system for further necessary action.
Implementation and Status:
- Of the 1010 complaints of child labour received on PENCIL, the District Nodal Officer have updated the status in respect of 361 complaints as resolved.
National Child Labour Project (NCLP)
- The National Child Labour Project (NCLP) is a central sector scheme for rehabilitation of child labour.
- Under this scheme, funds are provided directly to the district project societies headed by District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner who in turn allocates the funds to NGOs/Voluntary Agencies, etc. for running of special training centres