Reorganisation of the Army Headquarters (AHQ) is expected to formally begin by the month – end. Government has already given in principle approval.
- The AHQ restructuring is the first of the four measures being undertaken as part of the transformation of the force.
- The Aim is a holistic integration to enhance the operational and functional efficiency, optimise budget expenditure, facilitate force modernisation and address aspirations.
New Changes Planned:
- The Entire function will move under Army Training Command (ARTRAC), which will be shifted from Shimla to Meerut.
- The Director -General Rashtriya Rifles (RR), now based in Delhi, will be moved to Udhampur, under an Additional Director-General, where the Northern Command is located.
- A new Post of Additional Director-General (ADG), vigilance is being created, and he will report to the Army chief.
- There will be a new position of ADG, Human Resources, who “shall take proactive action on HR violations”.
- The Army now has two Deputy Chief’s for (1) Information systems & training and (2) Planning & systems. After the restructuring, there will three Deputy Chiefs for (1) Sustenance, (2) Strategy and (3) Information Systems.
Source: The Hindu