Union HRD Minister and Union Minister for Jal Shakti launched ‘Samagra Shiksha-Jal Suraksha’ drive for School Students.
SAMAGRA SHIKSHA-JAL SURAKSHA
It is a time bound campaign with a mission mode approach aimed at promoting water conservation activities for School Students. It seeks to make students competent, conscientious and committed water citizens of nation by making water conservation essential for students so that they can understand importance of water and enabling them to participate in water conservation activities in their day to day lives.
Launched by: The Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of HRD
Five Major Objectives of this drive:
- To educate Students learn about conservation of water.
- To sensitize Students about the impact of scarcity of water.
- To empower Students to learn to protect the natural sources of water.
- To help every Student to save at least one litre of water per day.
- To encourage Students towards judicious use and minimum wastage of water at home and school level.
Target: This mega drive targets to connect more than 10 crore students with this programme.
- One Student – One Day – To Save One Litre of Water.
- One Student – One Year – To Save 365 Litres of Water.
- One Student – 10 Years – To Save 3650 Litres of Water.
Image Credits: https://www.facebook.com/airnewsalerts/photos/a.262571017217636/1453905628084163/?type=3&theater