The NITI Aayog launched the Fourth Edition of Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards. Nominations for the awards will be opened immediately after the launch.
NITI Aayog and Facebook-owned WhatsApp, under the aegis of its Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), have announced a partnership to support the growth of a robust ecosystem to promote women entrepreneurs in India.
WhatsApp, in collaboration with NITI Aayog, will announce an annual calendar of events aimed at capacity building of women entrepreneurs and develop specific programmes aimed at addressing challenges faced by women entrepreneurs.
The initiative would target the registered users of Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP).
- The Women Transforming India (WTI) Awards is being organized in collaboration with the United Nations to recognize women entrepreneurs from across India.
- This year’s theme is ‘Women and Entrepreneurship’, in continuation of the theme for WTI Awards 2018.
- WhatsApp has collaborated with NITI Aayog for WTI Awards 2019 and will be providing support amounting to US$100,000 to the award winners.
Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP)
- The Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) is a Government of India initiative by NITI Aayog to promote and support aspiring as well as established women entrepreneurs in India, assist and handhold them in their journey from starting to scaling up and expanding their ventures.
- It has more than 5,000 women entrepreneurs registered on the platform, more than 30 partners and, has committed funding of more than US$10mn for these startups.
Image Credits: https://www.thestatesman.com/india/niti-aayog-announces-2nd-edition-of-women-transforming-india-contest-1488998023.html